FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paid [LX] seat selection got cancelled 48 hours before departure
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:46 am
yvrcnx

Programs: AC MM
Paid [LX] seat selection got cancelled 48 hours before departure

We are flying from Milan to Zurich on June 28 and I pre-paid for seats about 4 months ago when we purchased the tickets.
Today I received an automated e-mail that our seats had been changed and the prepaid seats cancelled.
We had window and aisle seat (I am traveling with my minor son) and were now given 2 aisle seats much further in the back across from each other.
When I called Swiss to request a refund since the service I paid for is no longer offered, I was told that they couldn't do anything and I would have to send a request by e-mail.
I haven't flown Swiss for many years and this is quite unacceptable customer service. Does this happen frequently with them?
I understand that seats might change but if I pay for it in advance, I expect them to be honored or the airline to at least refund the money the took for a service which now is no longer offered by them.

Has anyone else had an experience like this with Swiss and is there anything else can do to receive a refund for the amount paid for the seat selection?