FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA to lease 9 Qatar A320s + crews during strike
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:47 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I have heard that it will cost BA around £85 million to lease these aircraft for the whole of the strike period, I'm absolutely disgusted that BA do not value our MF enough to settle this dispute fairly and quickly, our current management are hell bent on bringing BA to its knees.
We have just heard that BA want to close two of our pension schemes, NAPS and BARP, can you imagine how their employees are currently feeling?
This 85 million figures makes no sense.

A dry lease for two weeks of a A320 that is not utilized will not cost much. Of course, you have to fly the birds from DOH to LHR and do a lot of paperwork, insurance, etc... But that is still a rather small cost.

Then there is the QR crew cost. But it will in part be covered by the pay saved on striking staff. And QR is currently paying those QR idle staff, so they will be happy. There will be extras such as housing, bonuses and the like. But again the net cost will be nowhere the millions mentioned.