FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA to lease 9 Qatar A320s + crews during strike
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:42 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BA.MF.CSM
I would just like to put some perspective on this.

Our head of fleet is quoted as stating to put £2,000 on every crew member's pay a year would cost them £8m. The leasing of these aircraft is likely to cost them minimum £15m. How do you think that makes us feel about our worth? How do you think we feel when they are also going to have to pay out up to £100m for the IT fiasco? How do you think we feel when we have had to pedal all the appalling changes that have happened in terms of our customer proposition, only for us to end up at the bottom of the barrel and now having to backpedal on behalf of management and being told to promote all the new investment when interacting with customers.

I for one, am absolutely disgusted with this application to lease QR aircraft, on numerous levels. Our employer clearly views us with absolute comtempt when they are willing to fork out more than double the cost of paying us fairly.

You decide.

Kind regards

BA.MF.CSM
I thought along the same lines when I first read this story. If your figures are correct then this proposed wet-lease arrangement is utter bonkers especially when there is such a simple, cheaper, more agreeable solution. It makes no sense whatever and makes BA look like it is being a bully with a win-at-any-cost attitude. It's as if BA is cutting off its nose to spite its face, very sad.