Old Jun 23, 17, 1:40 pm
flyquiet

Programs: AC Altitude E50K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by seks View Post
I just need 4000 miles to hit P25k. Not that P25k is anything special but since I'm only for 4000 miles short.

YYC to SIN on UA for $618 CAD roundtrip in K. Should I do that just to get the 4000? Or what do you guys suggest?
My inclination is to increase your earning % rather than spending a heck of a lot of time in a very small, poorly cushioned seat on an aircraft at 50%.

For P25K?

The suggestion to upfare from Tango to Flex or Flex to PY on your existing booking would be my call.

Bear in mind "only 4000 miles short" is a full 16% off. It's not like 4,000 short of SE.

Arguably, 400 miles short might be worth making up, but unless you expect to get early recognition of E35K next year, I'm not sure what value P25K would have for you. After my first P25K year, I ended the next at 21K and did not run for it. I did do early qualification for 35 the next year.

If you don't want to or cannot upfare your BKK trip, I suggest taking the 21K and start working on your spreadsheet for 2018. Strategically select long flights for PY (or even J) fares and get the multipliers working for you.

Save a tedious mileage run for when you have the status to make it more comfortable.

My 2c.