FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A (Possible?) Day Trip from Paris -- Giverny/Rouen
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:02 am
iapetus
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by b1513
There's a bus that leaves about 5-10minutes after the train arrives and that will get you to Giverny right at the open in the morning. It's getting back to the train where you'll have to be careful not to miss the bus.
Ah, got it. Buses are timed to the trains so that it's easy in one direction; not so much in the other. I will check the return schedule, too. Thanks! ^

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've done Giverny twice by car and I wouldn't want to try with the train and shuttle. It's a tiny village and ...
Thanks for all of the recommendations! But this is where we have to make a decision between renting a car and just sticking to trains. If we do go by car (and I can see some upside -- as well as downside -- to doing so), those are some excellent ideas! But I suspect that my wife and mother-in-law will prefer to do this by train. We'll see!

Originally Posted by keisari
You or your wife probably know this already but if you are Monet fans then you must visit http://www.musee-orangerie.fr/en
Oh, yes, I'm sure that this is already part of the plan.

Originally Posted by Giggleswick
Art history nerd alert!

If you want a few buildings to aim for ...
Thanks! I have many art history friends; so I appreciate the suggestions. It sounds like entertaining ourselves in Rouen won't be hard at all.