FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe to be introduced on UK domestic flights [launches 01 April 2017]
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:45 pm
eugeniod1995

Programs: BAEC Blue
Thank you guys for your replies

I don't get why Iberia doesn't offer to fly business on domestic flights, I thought I was getting a bargain saving 4,500 Avios booking through them but I was not aware of the difference of class.

I only have 65 minutes of connection so I wouldn't have had more than half an hour to spend in the lounge, but having to go through security checks with all the other people after having flown business class is a bit "weird".
Last year I flew EDI-LHR-FCO and EDI-LHR-LIN and I had access to the lounge in both EDI and LHR, with the same amount of Avios spent.

I would try to cancel the ticket and rebook through BA but I'm on the flight departing at 21:10 (the only one shown on the Iberia website) and BA only offers the flight departing at 21:50, on which there are people I don't want to fly with.

If I knew of this difference I wouldn't have postponed my departure by one day to "save" 4,500 Avios, but now unfortunately there is no more availability the day before.

I'm quite disappointed for this inconvenience since Iberia and BA are virtually the same airline.

But anyway, am I granted 2 luggages of 32kg anyway? Following the rule of the most inportant carrier I should.
You know, I have to move back from Germany with those flights 🙈