Old Jun 20, 17, 5:21 pm
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Arizona
Programs: BA (GGL), AA (statusless), HH (Diamond);
Posts: 2,751
Received an email that you will soon be able to add children to your Registered Traveler account. The details:

As a member who has recently renewed you can now apply to add your children to your Registered Traveller membership.

This is a new service and you can apply with this email invitation before it's available on the GOV.UK website.

The ‘Apply to add a child’ link in this email will only work with your Registered Traveller number.

How Registered Traveller child membership works

Children must travel with the parent that applied for them. A child’s membership is linked and dependent on this parent’s membership. You won't be able to use the ePassport gates when you travel with your children.

When you travel together, you and your children:
  • can use the UK/EEA passport lanes
  • don't have to fill in a landing card


Your child must:
  • be aged 17 or under
  • have a visa, entry clearance or have visited the UK at least 4 times in the last 24 months
  • have an eligible passport


For each child there is an administration fee of 20.00, plus 2.00 per month until the date your membership expires. A child membership will always expire when your membership does. After you log in and have entered your child's date of birth, the application will tell you how much you need to pay.

You will get the membership fee back if your application is unsuccessful. You will not get the 20.00 administration fee back.

How to apply

You have to make a separate application and payment for each of your children.

To apply you will need:
  • your Registered Traveller number
  • your child's passport
You will get a decision on your child's application within 10 working days.

If accepted, the first time you travel to the UK together you must:
  • go through the ‘other passports’ lane with your child
  • fill in a landing card for them
You may also need to prove the relationship between you and any children travelling with you, for example if you have a different surname. You can do this with:
  • a birth or adoption certificate showing your relationship with the child
  • divorce or marriage certificates if you’re the parent, but have a different surname to the child
The immigration officer will then confirm they have added your children to your membership and if so you will get a confirmation email within 48 hours.
dylanks is offline