FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:29 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I'm a pretty big fan of Wendover Productions YouTube Channel. The guy is kind of like Vsauce, where he studies one particular topic in depth for about one month and then produces a video on the topic. He's done several airplane/train/travel episodes. I saw he had a podcast as well and noticed he had interviewed Ben.

Interestingly he claims that his blog never takes comps, and that it's the people who start travel blogging as a hobby with the goal to get free comps. Then goes on to make the claim because he travels on his own dime he gives honest and unbiased reviews unlike many of his counterparts that take comps and then give "flowery reviews". Kind of ironic taking his blog has taken several comps just in this season with one of his writers staying at several hotels in the middle east and not only got his stay comp'd, but seems like all the activities and food included from what I can vaguely recall.

They also talk about tax evasion and his parents house in Florida is referenced.

Parts of the conversation are fairly interesting.

Showmakers Ep .4 Ben Schlappig - YouTube
Omg. An HOUR? 57 minutes too long! I bailed after 3.