FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2017]
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:58 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I'm actually connecting at NRT so though TSA-HND is very desirable for the proximity to each city with TSA one Metro stop from my Aunt (I'm flying JAL HND-TSA at least on AA miles), can't on the way back. Do these airlines wait to later to release the flights? I'm traveling in October. Expert Flier seemed helpful for ANA to get an alert set up but not for Eva
Got it; although UA loves to suggest that people transfer from NRT to HND or vice-versa, I wouldn't actually recommend it. :-)

There is no set schedule for releasing awards. I see awards for both ANA and EVA in October; the problem is, none of them are on the non-stop. :-( It's entirely possible that either or both will open up additional awards as the date approaches; unfortunately, it's also possible that they won't.

Regarding ExpertFlyer: There's a note on the top of the award search result page that says "[F]lights that do not have award availability in any cabin may not be shown. You may still create Flight Alerts for any flight via the Create New Flight Alert page or via the Flight Availability results page." That's your ticket to the award alerts you're looking for; use class X for economy, I for business, or O for first; note that EVA doesn't have first class.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by elsenor
Is expert mode no longer working for award flights? Searching simple routing (usually one ways) yields nothing in the way of fare buckets for UA or partner flights.
Sadly, expert mode hasn't worked on award flights for at least a year. :-( It will show award inventory in regular searches, if you can get the flight you're interested in to appear at all, but it shows nothing for award searches.

Last edited by jsloan; Jun 20, 2017 at 8:00 am Reason: Added response to new question