FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX arrival at TBIT transfer to AS domestic flight at T6
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:00 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank Y'all for your input.

Last time we went thru TBIT immigration, the bottleneck was not at the immigration but the exit at the Custom. - there were may be 50 to 70 people deep, converged from both directions toward the SINGLE podium where a single agent checking paperworks. Even we did not have checked bags we still needed to go thru Custom to get to the Arrival Hall landside. GE definitely helped in that situation. We were directed to the Crew and GE lane - only us following 2 EK FAs and walked out in 3 min...

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If the 5:55pm is available in F at 25K, I would grab that in a heatbeat....this will give you extra time (you'll likely need) and if things go well and you have extra time, you can relax in the Alaska Lounge before the flight which is one of the benefits of the saver first ticket. I'm one of those people that can't stand to spend miles on a business or first ticket and then fly in Y on the connector flights even if they are only a few hours. I'm never in THAT much of a hurry to get somewhere if it means having to run through the terminal only to get stuck in some middle seat in the back when I was in F...no thanks....I'll wait...half the fun is getting there, right?
Right you are. We actually will overnight at SEA for the next morning SEA-SLC flight. So whether it is 5:55 or 6:55 or even 7:55, no problem.

The 5:55pm flight was available last night but not today. not even 1! I was about to settle for the 6:55pm flight which has 2 Fs available. Thankfully the agent talked to the partner desk about the illegal connection and somehow they opened the 5:55pm for me, AND cleared me on the SEA-SLC to F.

Then the agent transferred me to the partner desk to see if they can switch him from the 4:30pm to 5:55pm flight because he arrives LAX at 11:20am, there is more than enough time to connect to his 4:30pm flight.
The kind agent at the Partner Desk took a look on the linked reservation, and was able to open up an F seat on the 5:55pm flight so now we would be on the same flight to SEA. He would just need to sit at the AS LAX lounge for longer time. She could not get him an F on the SEA-SLC flight, the one and the only available was grabbed by the previous agent to give it to me... haha.

This brings up a question, we were originally waitlisted on the SEA-SLC waitlist, different PNRs but the reservations are linked. Agent told me waitlist would auto=clear. Apparently it isn't the case? Is it because the 2 PNRs are linked, if there is only one F, neither of us would be cleared?

My understanding is, there is no need to reissue tickets, as long as only changing the AS flight for the same city pair on the same date. Both agents said the tickets remain the same tickets and I saw in My Trip the new flight is in place.

BUT why do I get a new ticket but my husband's reservation does not get a new ticket?
We both changed the LAX-SEA flight to the 5:55pm flight.
The only difference is, I also changed from Y to F on the SEA-SLC the next morning while he remains in Y on the original booking class.

Is this the Y to F being the reason I get a new ticket?

UPDATE:

Called back. The agent took a look and said there was a New Ticket issued on my husband's reservation. He then saw the previous partner agent put the email address to sent a new ticket in the FAX To box, instead of Email To box.
How could this happen? As this is not the first time I do not get new AS confirmation emails on eissued tickets in the past 2 years... So he fixed that, and the confirmation email just came.

One thing of note is, now both tickets have a $ value with mine is higher than his, presumably the seats we are booked into are revenue seats on the LAX-SEA 5:55pm flight. Otherwise I could not see why suddenly the tickets have several hundreds value.

Originally Posted by jinglish
Especially since it gives you time to walk to the In-N-Out on Sepulveda.
Been there, done that. Great place for plane watching.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 19, 2017 at 1:00 pm