FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:43 am
Spongthrush

BA801 KEF-LHR yesterday: sat in the 2nd row of economy cabin, the yoghurt had sold out but managed to get a bacon roll. When it arrived, I asked for the (advertised) ketchup and was told there was only one sachet of brown sauce and one sachet of ketchup for everyone. The gentleman in 9A kindly gave me a squirt of his.

Given the price of everything in Iceland, BOB is actually quite reasonably priced, so was rather more in demand yesterday than I've seen on other trips and, if stock control was sorted, KEF must be a cash cow. But supply was minimal and apart from sympathy for the hungry souls in row 28, I have more sympathy for the poor BA staff placating those whose choice of BOB is sold out.

I suspect that BA management really don't get the level of niggle that BOB - or the way it is managed - actually causes punters, which directly translates into a negative view of the brand.