FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve Baggage Delay Insurance
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:35 pm
threeoh

Originally Posted by IanJaxx
I am a bit confused. $100 per day is per person or just the whole group? Do I and my wife have to file two separate claims? Or one claim under my name could cover $200 per day?
I'd just file one claim and if they want to split it into two, refile (one for tickets paid for with your card, one for hers).

Each person (including your kids) gets up to $100 per day. From the benefits guide: https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

"If I charge multiple Common Carrier fares on my
Account for myself and Immediate Family Members,
does this benefit apply separately to each person?
Yes, each Insured Person is eligible to receive the benefit"

In my case, will it be counted as one day or two days?
Not sure about this one, I'd try for 2 but don't be surprised if they push back with 1. Did you really have more than $400 in emergency purchases of essential items ($100 x 4 people)?

In eclaimsline form, is "The return date" the date that I landed home airport or the date I departed for the return flight?
I think most of the travel protections only apply when you're doing round-trip travel, though the baggage delay doesn't have this restriction. So I wouldn't worry too much about this field.

"Description of Item" has to be exactly with same with the itemized receipts? On our receipts, we found that quite some items have shortened names and I am not sure whether I should write out the full name based on my memory?
Use your best judgement, it's going to be read by a human! I'd attempt to use a description that both makes it clear that the item is an "essential item", and which receipt line it correspondents to.

The currency in eclaimsline form is on "USD". Do I just use an estimate to convert GBP to USD or I have to use the exact exchange rate on my credit card?
There's not even a requirement you pay with credit card...you could pay with cash, etc. I'd just use the current exchange rate or whatever it posted as to your CC statement, whichever is easier, and if they don't like it they'll adjust it (in their favor I'm sure).

Be sure to report back about how all of this turns out!