FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - compensation for walked at days inn
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:37 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by schistosomiasis
Yeah, customer service just phoned me and basically told me to pound sand. They will refund my 3000 points and what I paid for Days Inn. Won't pay for Holiday Inn or give me any compensation for waiting an hour (which was really annoying late at night as you can imagine). Incredibly, they told me I should've phoned in the night of to take care of this- which I most definitely did (and have proof on my iphone/ cell phone bill)- even more incredibly, customer service told me i phoned the wrong number!!! (This isn't true at all, the agent I spoke with told me customer service would phone me the next day- which they didn't).

I asked for a supervisor- they said they were the supervisor and nothing could be done. I asked for their legal department- they wouldn't give me any information.

What should I do? I emailed them again with proof I phoned the night of (and have several time stamped photos proving I was there, etc). File in small claims or civil court? (Fortunately I have someone to help me/ experience with this. I would recover my filing fees along with any damages.) Already have their Registered Agent and President (Mark Kukulski) to serve a suit on.

Am I being reasonable or asking too little or too much? I mean at the least they should refund me the difference between Days and Holiday Inn (about $130), if not give me something for my trouble... I'm still gonna ask for the whole $208, my points back, and something for my trouble (my salary times one hour that I waited).
OP I wouldnt have been a happy camper either, but the only way it would have been a "walk" is if all the rooms were already occupied when you got there, since no one was at the FD, how did you know that to be the case? Do you know if they ended up with no-shows and had empty rooms.

What you were entitled to was compensation and it seems from what you posted they refunded you everything you were using to pay for the DI = you were made whole. Now if they indeed had an empty room for you and on your own you went elsewhere then they didnt even have to refund what they did. No different then when folks hit Irrops and didnt want to wait on the very long line and either booked a hotel for the night or made ares with another carrier and expected to be refunded for their outlay, if they didnt get permission to do what they did then they were on their own and in many cases wont get a dime back.

As I said I too wouldnt have been a happy camper but I would have been happy not being charged