FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Convertible car seat for use on planes (graduating up from Cosco Scenera)
Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:21 pm
resmind

Child convertible car seat or booster seat

I've travelled a few times with car seat and stroller combo (travel set) and checked them at the gate for free. Now that he's outgrowing the car seat, we're thinking of getting a 3-in-1 convertible car seat or a booster seat. These things are significantly larger, and obviously won't fit on the stroller, but we'll need one in the car ride to/from the airport.

Would we be allowed to check the larger car seat for free, or have to pick up at baggage claim? I can't find anything that mentions car seat size limitations to check for free, but I would assume that means there isn't a size limit and would still be free since it serves as a child car seat, right?

We'll be flying Alaska Airlines, but does anyone have experience flying with the convertible car seat or much larger booster seat with other airlines? We're not expecting to use it in the cabin, just want to check it; he'll be on our laps.

Thank you.

Last edited by resmind; Jun 18, 2017 at 2:32 pm