FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tasman wine choices in business premier
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:57 am
mad_atta

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Originally Posted by nzlilibet
On a recent lunch time flight from BNE to AKL I asked, as I usually do, what sauvignon blanc choices they had on board.

I was told that now only one wine of each type was carried, as the airline did not want half empty bottles at the end of each flight. The wine on offer was a pretty inferior Babich.

I asked when this had happened and was told it wasn't new. I know that it certainly wasn't the case late last year and wonder if this is yet another cost-cutting exercise to reduce what is on offer in business premier.
While not denying for a moment that the quality of wines in BP has dropped of late (though it is usually still pretty respectable), I don't think that's a new development to have only one option of each grape type. Occasionally they had more than one sav on board but in my experience that was the exception, not the rule.

As a wine lover myself, I'd rather see more variety in terms of varietals offered (eg rather than 2x sav blanc and a chardonnay, I'd prefer 1x sav, 1x chard and 1x riesling or gewurz or something). However what I'd like even more is a return to higher quality offerings, even if there are fewer of them!