FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connections waiting for tourists, not for Plats
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:17 am
miikka

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Justinus
Lufthansa i a has a total different approach in treating its premium pax in exceptional situations. AY just does not care. All it wants is our money.

In my/our (we were several pax connecting to TMP) case, the connecting flight departed from the next gate.

The late TMP flight did not have any difficulty in waiting "for the last luggage" for 20 extra minutes at midnight. I guess those pieces did not belong to the premium pax...
TMP flight is often a problematic unless you take the last flight of the day which will always collect all the people from various connections and only then fly to TMP. Earlier flights are flying much more according to the schedule because they also need to be on time for their return flight to HEL.

The good point is that it is easy to shop around and switch airlines if someone is offering better service. From TMP, it is easy to get to ARN and then to FRA/MUC to catch LH or then just to take the train to HEL and continue with LH.

I assume you didn't take the Platinum taxi to TMP but waited for the later flight or took the bus?