FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Jun 17, 2017, 7:26 pm
joecool1885

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
A Great 5-Night Stay!

Introduction This is part of my larger review and an entire 3 week trip which can be found at http://joeprotravel.com/days-sevente...nd-review/More pictures, videos, and even a couple of 360 degree images can be found there.Ultimately our stay at the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island was about as much as one could hope for. This family-friendly resort offered a ton to do, a terrific variety of high-quality food, and great service all around. We were particularly entranced by the Mantas feeding around the main jetty. While the beach-villa wasn't what I was expecting, it was priced accordingly. Meanwhile our Deluxe Water Villa had every amenity I like to have in a room and was perfect for viewing the sunset, though it wasn't ideal for viewing sea-life. Room We experienced both the Beach Villa (pre-remodel) and the Deluxe Water Villa.Our Deluxe Water Villa room #347 was open, spacious and stylish. A closet rested next to the entrance, while the bathroom lay to the right. Double pocket doors opened from the hall to the restroom, which was graced on both sides by individual his-and-her sinks. Past that, a standalone tub sat in front of a picture window. Beyond the glass was the sprawling ocean vista. Off to the side was a glass shower and a water closet.Out in the bedroom, a king-sized bed was featured on a platform, with night-stands on either side. A light switch controlled built in ambient lighting around the platform, which doubled in functionality as a night-light. In front of the bed was a loveseat and a coffee table. To the right was the TV. Beyond the coffee table were French doors that led to the outdoor deck and hot tub.The room itself stayed cool and comfortable despite the Maldivian heat. The hot tub never got all that hot, but given the evening temperature, it wasn't a problem for us.The ocean surrounding the room was beautiful blue, with pristine white sand underfoot. Because of the rooms location, snorkeling was less than ideal. The hotel itself advises against snorkeling in that area because of strong currents. But beyond a few stray fish and a group of squid, there was little to see anyways.The room offered picture perfect sunset views and felt relatively private. Noise from other rooms was barely noticeable, though with the outdoor speaker system, the potential to hear your neighbors certainly was present.I think if any flaw could be remedied regarding the Deluxe Water Villas, it would be the less than completely private toilet room. From the outside jetty leading to the rooms, it was blatantly obvious when these rooms were occupied, as you could clearly make out silhouettes sitting down to do their business behind the frosted glass windows. Dining One of my favorite meals was included as part of the "Tour de Spa" package that we purchased. We had a 1:30 reservation at the Mandhoo restaurant.Our lunch was simply terrific, and honestly we might've filled up on bread alone if they kept handing us more (we probably devoured two or three platters like that shown below). Our meal started with a trio of rolls and both pesto and apple sauce. I'm a sucker for pesto, and I consumed much of this in my quest to down the delectable rolls. Soon enough though, they brought out our salad.As we ate, some of the staff chummed the fish around the restaurant so guests would be able to see sharks and other fish in an area of water that appeared mostly barren otherwise.Next up was the main course, a delectable pan-fried sea bass. This was certainly a highlight, ranking in my opinion as one of the best meals I had in the Maldives, and it went down quick! Kim felt a little differently about the meal, preferring the polenta without the wasabi.Finally was dessert, a crème brulee served with berry macarons and sorbet.Our meal was excellent overall, and adding to it was the incredible atmosphere over the crystal blue of the Indian Ocean. It was really one of the better restaurants location wise.