FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How strictly does CX enforce the piece system on transpacific routes for J passengers
Old Jun 17, 2017, 1:06 am
fcontinuum

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; HHonors Gold; IHG Platinum
How strictly does CX enforce the piece system on transpacific routes for J passengers

(I did a quick search on baggage here and it didn't return many relevant results so I decide to post a new thread here...)

How strictly does CX enforce the piece system on their transpacific routes (upcoming flight ORD-HKG in J)?

-I have a small hard pool cue case (with my 2 favorite cues in there) that must be checked in here in the States (but not necessarily so elsewhere), in addition to my two other bags that need to be checked. Only one bag is a heavy piece (but below 32kg), and the other two (including the cue case) have minimal weight (less than 15kg total). I do have a regular carry-on on top of those. Would I usually get by with these three checked-in pieces?

-Also do they let you put your music instrument (like a guitar) upright in 777-300ER's large J seats?

I guess the best way is just to call CX CSR beforehand to confirm, but just wondering if anyone has experience with these.