FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Jun 16, 17, 2:44 pm
rivlinm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Data Point:

Had CAI>DOH>BOS>DOH>CAI booked in late July and late October. Mix of A and I class.

Call 1: USA QR - Told no changes, I offered to fly to new origin at my expense (suggested switching to KRT>DOH>LAX and she tried but said they would not be able to.

Call 2: Swiss QR - Asked for KRT>DOH>LAX and she checked and told me it would be ~3k Franc. I asked for waiver given the situation. Told only changes to a few select airports (AMM, BEY, LCA, IKA, SYZ, MCT to name a few).

Call 3: USA QR - Was offered to fly via BEY but asked for KRT. She said no. I mentioned I knew someone who had done so just yesterday. She asked for their PNR (I only gave name and date). She looked them up and placed me on hold. Agreed to do and move the departure back five days. Said LAX would require refare.

Overall a success. The flight I am on for KRT>DOH will missconnect at the moment but based on the KRT times a few days out, I will have to call back in and adjust again.