FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:31 am
Global321

Originally Posted by lhioseddy
In a bit of a bind now. Flying DOH-MAD (QR151) in J on the 19th at 2:20PM. Was going to arrive in MAD earlier at 2050 but now rescheduled (I got an email...) to 2120 arrival. (+30 mins) As per flightaware (https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/QTR151) this flight has been delayed even further and last got in at 2132 and 2144. That would leave very less time for me to make the next flight.

Got a connecting MAD-LIS flight at 2255. With the earlier timing I had about 2 hours (and usually the QR flight arrived earlier...) for immigration, baggage, terminal switch, re-checkin. Now, it looks like I won't.

I called QR and asked them if they could put me on the earlier QR149 but they refused and said I could have it changed for USD 600. Apparently they only consider free changes for over 2 hours of delays for rescheduled flights.

So.. what are my options here? Try calling again? Do something else? I think I'll need to overnight in Madrid but not sure...
HUCA is going to be your best - and perhaps only - option. I would explain honestly about your connecting flight and see if they will make 'a one-time exception'. You could also try different call centers.

Originally Posted by pbd456
qr should rebook you if it is on one ticket.
I believe OP is talking about different tickets.