FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10th Annual WineDo - June 11, 2017 in NYC at North Square
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:29 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
'00 Nigl Riesling Privat
'90 Weingut Günther Steinmetz Kestener Paulinsberg Riesling Spätlese.
One of the two of these had seen better days, but was still drinkable. The other was nice. I enjoy the opportunity to try things from my "I'm still stopping at Sutter Home during my Napa Valley visits" era.
'14 Huber Dornfelder -I recall tasting and enjoying this.
'03 Foxen Santa Maria Valley Pinot Noir - Did not try
'07 Frick (Dry Creek Valley) C2 - one of my favorites
'07 Frick (Dry Creek Valley) Counoise - very good, possibly a year past its peak (as I had a bottle last year).
'06 Domaine de la Vieille Julienne Châteauneuf-du-Pape - What could go wrong with a nice CDP? Not much.
'05 Januik Cabernet Sauvignon Champoux Vineyard - Very good
'07 Fidelitas Cab Champoux Vineyard - Also very good
'07 Lewelling Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon - Also also very good
'07 ACV Cab Sauv Reserve - Better than very good
'07 Ghost Horse Cabernet Sauvignon - Could have been my favorite of the evening.
'09 Shiraz VP from Rockfords - did not try
'01 Kilikanoon Oracle Shiraz from the Clare Valley - Do not recall if I tried.
'07 Produttori del Barbaresco Riserva Montefico - Tried, and liked it.
'03 Suduiraut Sauternes - I had 1 of the Sauternes - not sure which one, and it was good but I'm not a big Sauternes guy.
'89 Ch. Latour Blanche Sauternes - see above
'97 Rozes, Vintage Port - did not try.
I didn't take notes. I don't take notes at these things. I just "soak it all up" and leave all wine seriousness in a different time zone. I did note that overall, I really enjoyed almost everything I consumed ... which was plenty ... but not as much as the dude across the table And our table was the only one not to break any glassware!