FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Incident w/ pro tennis player, too many carryon items/oversized bag & "aggressive GA"
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:07 pm
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
S, if a tennis bag contains a racket, balls, and an empty water bottle is it compliant? We're talking about a customer service issue here. There has to be some amount of common sense used. Clearly, the defined rules do not (and really can never) take into account every situation. At some point people need to use their heads.

With regard to the pictures, the 'large bag' picture could be from when the passenger alleged that the GA fluffed the bag into the largest dimensions possible. I don't think we know what was inside it at that point. It could have been the backpack and tennis rackets and lots of air or just those items. We just don't know.
We (1) have a shot of the bag, fitting easily in the sorter, but being about 2" longer (not surprising given the size of tennis rackets) and (2) this upright, close in shot, which is clearly DESIGNED to make the bag look bigger in perspective. The GA took it to try to cover her self, and Zhang said she "fluffed it" up. Do I know which is true? No. Do I care? No.

Either way, the point you make is my point, as a CS issue, why get in a fight over a bag that will easily fit in the overhead with a 1K tennis pro. But to the "rules must be interpreted as restrictive as possible set" the CS point some of us are making is just not going to register.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 15, 2017 at 1:02 am Reason: Discuss the issues, not the poster(s)