FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SUM17: $10 travel card (AAA: $20) every NIGHT, May 22 - Sep 4, 2017, uncapped
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:08 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jm1991
The hotels have the ability to chose how much to redeem. So just tell them only redeem $20 from it and keep the number to use at the other location.
Yes, but they would have to make note of which one they used, otherwise the next hotel might have to try two numbers to figure out which one is the unused one.

I can deal with (saving the "$40" for a more expensive hotel later), but it just irks me that they made it hard for their own hotels by combining them this way without me asking.

OTOH, at one hotel I stayed at last month where I used up one of my $10 cards from the last promo, the clerk told that once he had someone use 17 $10 cards for one stay, and mentioned just how long it took for the hotel to redeem all 17 cards one at a time .

So it would be nice if BW put the value of these into your account, instead of just emailing them to you, and then you could request that they be issued in any ($10 multiple or whatever) amount, so if you needed $170 in travel cards for one hotel, you could just print a $170 travel card from the website and have the hotel process one travel card instead of 17.

But that would be too much to ask for from the only hotel site I use that can't remember my credit card number, and yet requires a captcha for logins (I'm getting so tired of looking for street signs! ).

Originally Posted by jm1991
I have yet to receive mine. Quick question though, i registered for the AAA $20 promo but the rate i stayed at was not the AAA rate, will it still count or does it have to be the AAA rate?
The $20 is based on whether you're a AAA "subprogram" member (as well as whether you registered for that promo). I don't see why it should depend on whether you used the AAA rate.

(I have no direct experience, though, because I can't remember when I used a rate other than AAA for BW.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Jun 14, 2017 at 12:17 pm