FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:22 am
Braniff

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Reflections

I have flown quite frequently with all the ME3 and used to view them as pretty much the same. Long before this incident, I had come to the conclusion that Qatar was a class above the rest. Simply a more professional operation all around. I think they train their staff better and empower them more vis a vis the other two - which admittedly is not saying much but still. Their hub in Doha makes AUH and DXB look like a joke. How anyone can find the lounges in EY/AUH and EK/DXB, either First or Business, as superior to the ones in Doha is living on another planet than me. I once lost a personal item on a QR flight and had never expected to see it again. Then, I received an email from QR saying they had found an item which they believed to be mine ! Amazing.

I think Qatar's response to this incident has shown its unparalled resilience and quality of staff. I think Etihad would have folded operationally faced with a similar situation and their current management.