FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Relevance of Gold/Silver tags on cabin baggage
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:16 am
Tobias-UK
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by awtgiven
I'm curious as to why so many people feel the need to belittle and judge others for something as simple as having a plastic card attached to their luggage.

Is it not the point of a luggage tag is make easily luggage identifiable to its owner and perhaps if it is left unattended or lost - easy to reunite with its owner. Have we all not left a bag on a Galleries/FLounge/CCR seat while we nip to the loo.

I see many people in the cabin with lots of different kinds of luggage tag - from handwritten that came with the case, to football teams and other sports, all sorts. Rather than buy additional tags, we're all given a few for free by BA. What's wrong with using them.

I sometimes use a backpack that looks like a thousand other backpacks in an airport, so I use the BA luggage tag as a way of identifying it - 'cause the tag has my name on it.

I really wish the belittling crap on here would stop, it stops flyertalk being a friendly place for advice and help.
Indeed, post of the month ^