FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Relevance of Gold/Silver tags on cabin baggage
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:07 am
Jordi14

Programs: BA Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by xenole
I've got no issues with bags tags. If you want to show them off for whatever reason, who am I to have issue with that?

It's no worse than half the airport parading around with their Tumi, LV, Rimowa etc. luggage saying "Look at me, I've got an £800 bag" or something.

Or people here going on about how they spent £200 on a steak in a NY restaurant, £1000/night in some swanky hotel, or "I've just book 8 F tickets @ £2k each....what a bargain".

It may be pretentious to some, to others it's not. Some people are proud of what may seem something trivial to others. They may have earned it at great expense to themselves.
Sure some people want to show off, be better than others, but we all do that at some point from the new patio set through to a £100k sports car just to drive at 5mph in London traffic.
Look at the number of BMWs etc. that have private / personal number plates as you get near Manchester, London etc. They're just showing off the same as anyone with a bag tag. No difference whatsoever.