FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:12 am
Grace B

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Davee58
In contrast to other people, I have had a terrible experience with Qatar, I have waited as they requested, but now 24 hours before my scheduled flight they have refused point blank to reroute me or provide anything other than a refund, or the option of being re-routed and dumped in Muscat.
Yes, I can see that having to try and organise everything at the very last minute would be a complete pain, and may not result in the desired outcome, as well as incurring potentially large additional costs for accommodation, connecting flights, etc.

I could be in a similar position, ticketed in J from ADL to HBE in the near future, and I also have another 3 business class tickets on QR starting/ending in Egypt coming up in the next few months.

Rather than living with uncertainty until the very last minute (or beyond), I am tempted to cancel all my tickets, get my money back, and rebook with Star Alliance carriers (I am UA lifetime plat).

I know it's early days, but does anyone have any experience of getting a full refund (without any deductions) for tickets cancelled after this airspace closure? I'm aware of how to apply for a refund, but am just wondering how good or bad the actual process might be...