FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering guide
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:14 pm
flatlander

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
LHR-DUS, June 2017

Late afternoon departure, "dinner", LHR-DUS. Despite my scepticism about the various BA cheese trenchers, I gave the "Chicken Caesar flatbread" a go, and was pleasantly surprised. I could not quite work out whether it had some cheese that had been almost cooked into nothing, or if it was white sauce, but in any case I could not fault it for being cheese-filled; it was tasty and not too heavy, a reasonable small meal. The potato salad was also nicely flavoured with a few herbs and slightly sharp mayonnaise. The chocolate dessert was good, as they almost always are with any of BA's meals. Despite the presence of butter, no bread was offered to anyone in the cabin.

Drinks were offered from the trolley following directly after the food; two members of crew served the Club cabin, which was 7 rows full. Wine came in individual small bottles, including the champagne. The Spanish Sauvignon Blanc was adequate, though not really cold enough.

Overall, I was more impressed than I expected to be. It was a good small meal, suitable for a short flight like this. BA should do more options like this filled flatbread rather than presenting only panini.
Attached Images