FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oktoberfest 2017
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:10 pm
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by mkjr
Looks like I will be in the area for business on the first day of Oktoberfest, Sept 16.

Just me and a friend flying in from Zurich. I have a decent rate at the Westin and seems like a decent location on U4 line.

With 2 as I have read, it looks like we might not really need a reservation per se.

I am trying to see if some local work colleagues have any ideas.

Don't know if the parade on the first day or second day are worth catching. The parade on the 17th looks interesting for me to see before I have to book it back to the airport.

So really only Sept 16 is all I have.

I suppose it's silly to try to get into Schottenhamel to see the tapping of the keg?

Either way, I have read around and appreciate the tips.

I won't be worrying about dressing up and less concerned about getting intoxicated than taking in the atmosphere and perhaps having some food on the grounds area.

Cheers, KJ
Nice to have a work trip intersect with the festival. ^

I have a great time at O'fest and it is certainly something to experience.

I don't even bother trying to get reserved tables at the tents. There are open-seating tables just outside most (all?) of the tents. With just two of you, should be able to find a couple open seats and make some new friends. Pic below to show a typical setup. If you don't manage to find a couple seats inside, I have never had difficulty outside. Only risk is of bad weather.

I will be there on the 16th as well. It will be my first time making an appearance on opening day....though more due to finding a hotel available on points than anything special about the start of the festivities.

Hope you have a great time!
Attached Images