FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unpublished Platinum Benefits?
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:22 pm
sabdhabi

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by orbis
I have been trying to search for the thread on unpublished platinum benefits but can't find it. Just wondering if they do anything extra for you like get your meal choices ahead of others, etc..
Flew ATH-AUH on a full fare J class ticket and all I got today was a quick hello from the ISM. I was probably the 2nd to the last guy in the entire cabin that was asked for my meal choice. So, no more mezze and lamb for me. Unless I was flying with an entire cabin of Platinums.
This is my fourth year as a Platinum. I can honestly say that as the years have gone by, the recognition and the service have both gone downhill. I'm not talking about the F lounge, but the service on board. Nowadays, unlike the earlier years, it is very rare for me to be recognised or greeted as a Platinum member. Zero recognition and I always fly in either J or F! I'm not even addressed by name, unlike other carriers where I am addressed by name in premium cabins. Platinum status does not matter one bit when it comes to meal choice. What they do is start from the back of the cabin when they take meal requests. On a few flights in J when seated toward the front of the cabin, I was told that my choice was no longer available. It didn't matter at all if I was Platinum, or not even a member of Etihad Guest. All I got was a well-rehearsed line of apologies. Etihad clearly need to make us Platinum guests feel both appreciated and valued. Right now, they are failing to do that.