FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dutch American express Flying Blue referal
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:48 am
kevinflyaway

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Ditto
It is actually better to start with Gold and Upgrade to Plat, you get 30K miles (and sometimes there is a promotion of 50K) for the upgrade + double qualifying flights (i.e. 4 + 8), the only limit is you can only upgrade after 6 months.
Or change from the Flying Blue card to the standard Amex. This way I got 40.000 within a 6 months period Standard Platinum benefits are now 1,5 points, instead of 1. Still lower considering the transfer ratio from Membership Rewards to Flyingblue I know (5 MR = 4 FB). But I find it a better way to accumulate miles since I already have a lot of FB points sitting there.

I have to say that the extra's from the normal card are actually nice. Priority Pass for 2 (so incl. guest for 4) of course, but also Standard SPG Gold membership, also for HERTZ I believe.

You'll get the first year for 50% off (€350 instead of €700) and 17.600 FB Miles. You still get all the extra's associated with the card!

Last edited by Gajan; Jul 27, 2017 at 2:14 am Reason: Removed referral link (against FT policy)