FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Jun 13, 17, 9:13 am
Davee58

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Platinum.
In contrast to other people, I have had a terrible experience with Qatar, I have waited as they requested, but now 24 hours before my scheduled flight they have refused point blank to reroute me or provide anything other than a refund, or the option of being re-routed and dumped in Muscat.

My ticket was from KUL-DOH-LXR, tomorrow, returning in one months time LXR-DOH-CRK. Ticket class "N", though I paid to upgrade the DOH-LXR sector to Business (R) when they offered via an e-mail a couple of weeks ago.

I am currently staying in a hotel in Kuala Lumpur, my home is in the UK, and I have a hotel in Luxor booked, prepaid, non-refundable for one month starting in two days time.

When I saw that my trip status had changed from "Confirmed" to "Not Confirmed" a few days ago I phoned the Qatar head office number and was told to phone back within 24 hours of my flight and something would be arranged.

Not happy with this I phoned London last night and was told the same, I was assured that everything was OK, the reason for the 24 hour limit was due to their agreements with regional airline partners not allowing confirmed re-routes outside this 24h window.

Now, 23 hours before my flight I phoned the London office again and was told that there is no availability to Luxor for the next few days.

I was reasonable, I offered to fly to Cairo instead but was refused, I offered to fly to ISTANBUL, but there was no availability. I pointed out that I could book a flight from KUL to IST on the Qatar Airways website using the same first flight number and date as on my ticket, but was told that there was no availability for my ticket to be re-routed to Istanbul because of the "rules and regulations he needed to follow". He implied these were international IATA rules but refused to confirm this.

Total phone call time was 1h 27m.

EDIT: Booked myself to Cairo with Turkish Airlines.

Christ I neeed a beer!

Last edited by Davee58; Jun 13, 17 at 1:09 pm Reason: update