FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:24 am
wrp96
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by chongcao
Sounds like many occasional flyers got caught by BOB even as late as this.
Originally Posted by af101
I would not be surprised to hear this gets worse again over the summer holiday period, with families who are occasional flyers and used to the BA service being caught out.
I've seen a few Facebook posts over the last couple of months from friends here in the US shocked at the fact that not even non-alcoholic drinks were available for free. "I thought BA was supposed to be better than US airlines. I hope I get fed something on my longhaul flight." BA charging for food and drinks on shorthaul may have made the news in the UK, but unless you are travel obsessed it won't necessarily have made it onto your radar if you live outside the UK. And at least among the non-travel obsessed, yes it will be a surprise and you can bet that they will remember that they couldn't even get a cup of coffee for free, and with the way BA's been handling BOB, couldn't even get a cup of coffee if they were willing to pay for it.