FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - UAE, KSA, Bahrain and Egypt withdraw licenses and close airspace
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:44 pm
Bubus78

Programs: Skywards Plat, QR privilege club Gold, Topbonus Gold
CAI-LHR-DOH been offered as alternative for ex-CAI

CAI-LHR-DOH been offered as alternative for CAI-DOH:

Just to share what been offered by QR..I have CAI-OSL with a 7 days DOH stop over. Since during the STO i do have other flights to other ME countries who sanctioned QR - those on diff PNR's , i tried and failed to seek more clarity regards which potential solution they would offer -1st leg is in 4 days hence called QR in Americas (tried once at DOH and been told to wait for the 3day window - no further comments).. While on phone with Americas QR customer support i believe that due to nature of my ticket multi cities & Stop-over DOH, the operator insisted in 'Full Refund' which i dont want for now (running out of time so forced myself today and already booked a plan B but will wait to get QR solution) for which they tried a couple of inconvenient MCT-DOH and DOH-KWI which wouldnt work due to my DXB connections, availability and timing. so they end up offering J BA CAI-DOH via London as alternative for the CAI-DOH! Both BA tickets but the LHR-DOH to be on QR metal and DOH-OSL per booked ticket.. found it interesting however due to time limitation, office needs and many fights in pipeline i end up not taking...

Last edited by Bubus78; Jun 12, 2017 at 3:52 pm