FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PQDs - "information on the eTicket receipt is only an estimate"
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:11 pm
chavala

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by findark
So the problem, then, is that as you can see the segment allocation of the PQDs is all messed up. The only known thing based on your ticket is that some amount (I believe 2,484) of base fare was allocated to a fare component DFW-BNE. (This is assuming your ticket is symmetrically fared, which it probably is, and shoving some $1 rounding errors under the rug.)

How much of that 2,484 UA chooses to assign to the SYD-BNE segment is pretty arbitrary, and I don't think that "it was printed on my receipt" is an argument which will work. UA has already stated that the numbers on the receipt for mileage earning are not accurate, and that their system has generated the numbers seen on your MP statement. For all I know it depends on the AUD/USD exchange rate, among other things. This is the problem with splitting a fare component like that.
Well, if this is true then thanks for saving me a lot of headaches trying to fight with them.
HOWEVER, I think they should have figured this all out ahead of time when they were quoting me PQDs. That is how I choose which ticket to buy. Believe it or not, it was actually cheaper to add that BNE segment on. (It would have been even cheaper if I flew R/T BNE!). Under $5200 for the entire ticket. Great, but I would have paid more if I had known at time of booking.

Could not pull up on Saudia

Last edited by chavala; Jun 12, 2017 at 3:17 pm Reason: sp