FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Europa (SkyTeam) to enter partnership with Ryanair
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:29 am
NickB
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by C W
The only major improvement I know of
Originally Posted by C W
I have never flown them
I think that those two sentences side-by-side exemplify the point I was making. You have no direct experience, let alone recent experience, but you rely on hearsay to form very firm views as if you had an intimate knowledge of the subject-matter. I would suggest that a more measured assessment would perhaps be called for when one has limited knowledge of what one is talking about.

Just because BA treats people badly too doesn't excuse Ryanair from anything.
The question is not whether Ryanair needs to be "excused" from anything but rather whether there is that huge gap between Ryanair on the one hand and full service airlines on the other that you post was premised on. I took BA as an illustration of the misconception that,. it seems to me, underlies your post, based on what looks to me like an archaic view of the low-cost and full-service airline sectors, at least as far as the European airline industry is concerned.

You want there to be a big bright line between the two. That bright line simply does not exist any more in Europe. There is a continuum. If you want to say that Ryanair is towards the lower end of the spectrum, you will not find me disagreeing much.

But you make a rather more extreme claim of Ryanair being in a class of its own in terms of customer service, employee relations, etc... and I do not think that there is much evidence to support such an extreme claim.

The bachelor party was more of a joke and general observation about LCC passengers rather than literally claiming that every Ryanair flight is full of bachelor parties.

I do seem to experience a stunningly high number of them whenever I fly LCCs in Europe though, maybe I'm just unlucky
OK: do tell us, then: how many flights on LCCs have you taken in Europe in the last 6 months and on which routes and how many of these were rammed with bachelor parties?