FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA 'Mixed Fleet' cabin crew dispute [agreement reached]
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:24 am
SonTech

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
That's simply not true. There is absolutely no suggestion the perks will be withdrawn from everyone, and if BA were to do so it would absolutely cripple their operation because crew would face difficulty getting to work at any sort of sensible cost if their staff flights were removed - so they'd most likely strike themselves or just resign. Either way, if you think this has been expensive for BA so far, just see what would happen then with much more widespread action.

I'm sure it would also almost certainly lead to a legal challenge - something that's given as an expectation and then removed might well be regarded as an accepted part of employment conditions, removal of which could lead to constructive dismissal claims at the very least.

Just not going to happen.
I'm not saying there is a suggestion, just that I can see BA doing that in the future at some point.
I agree that it could be expensive for BA in the short term if they went that way and there was more industrial action.

I'm not privy to the actual wording of the entitlement to the perks but if it isn't actually part of the contract of employment then I don't quite see how the Unions could say it is. I've known people in other industries who have had perks withdrawn that weren't part of their employment contract quite legally and no action was taken by any union.