FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - National website broken? Not deducting coupons
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:18 am
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
National website broken? Not deducting coupons

Had a bit of a scare today when reviewing an upcoming reservation and the price had jumped about $35. I called National to see what changed and the automated system and agent both confirmed that they were seeing the lower price.

I then went to check out another reservation and same thing. And another--they all were the same.

I then made a test booking to see what happened and everything confirmed correctly, and I received a confirmation email with the correct price. When I re-opened the reservation on the website to cancel it, sure enough, the price had jumped up, but the phone system confirmed the lower price.

I did some more testing and it seems that the issue is that the website is not reflecting the discount applied by coupons. If I book a reservation with a contract ID only, there's no discrepancy. If I book with a coupon, though, when retrieving the reservation, the coupon doesn't get deducted, and the price shows higher.

It seems to only be an issue with the website, though, not the actual reservation system, because the phone system and phone agents both confirm the lower rate.

For grins and giggles, I went to check on one of my Alamo reservations and same thing. So it seems to be a systemwide issue between both Alamo and National. (Not Enterprise, though, as they don't use coupons and their back-end system might be different anyway.)

Anyone else seeing this? Quite annoying. It'd be nice if they could fix it.

Last edited by jackal; Jun 11, 2017 at 12:11 pm Reason: typo