FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Incident w/ pro tennis player, too many carryon items/oversized bag & "aggressive GA"
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:32 am
kb9522

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Clearly we were not reading the same things! I was referring to what was in pst
#47 of this thread. That is said to be a direct quote from the passenger. Of course the truth here is likely somewhere in the middle. Would the tennis racket bag fit in the overhead? Almost certainly. Would it fit in the sizer? Perhaps not given the details on tennis racket size above.
Agreed - that was disgusting.
I have a hard time believing the passenger unless her racquets were disassembled.

I did a bit of quick math. In order to get a 29" racquet to fit in the sizer in the length dimension (22" limit) it would have to be rotated about 40.7deg. With that rotation it would be 18.89" in the height dimension (14" limit).

Edit:
Also just realized she could use the width to her advantage. The diagonal would be ~23.8" allowing her to reduce the angle of the racket to about 35deg. But even in this case the racquet would be more than 2.5" too tall. And this is for a single racquet. Obviously stacking more of them reduces the usable diagonal length.

Last edited by kb9522; Jun 9, 2017 at 11:39 am