FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Incident w/ pro tennis player, too many carryon items/oversized bag & "aggressive GA"
Old Jun 9, 2017, 3:12 am
flyerbaby19

Originally Posted by Kevin AA
Where does this so-called "observation" come from? Dr. Dao wasn't beat up because he was Asian. This woman wasn't picked on because she was Asian, and I did go through the trouble of (painfully) reading her one gigantic paragraph rant on facebook. There are a billion Asians in the world, of whom TWO have had a problem on UA lately.

I am getting tired of people pulling the race card/gender card/whatever card that suits them. Just because you got crummy customer service does not automatically mean that you were targeted in a discriminatory manner.

I replied to one of the comments on her facebook page regarding the sizer, and someone else replied to me "why are defending this racist POS" to which I replied "where's the evidence of racism?" and someone else agreed with me and wrote "I saw someone try to argue that he can take extra carry-on items because he's a veteran, and he was a white male".

Ranting about perceived racism that does not exist dilutes actual racism, and it dilutes your complaint about bad customer service. It's childish behavior unbecoming of a so-called "professional" tennis player. Professional in the athletic sense, sure, but not professional in the general sense, meaning not throwing a tantrum online and pulling the race card at the drop of a hat with NO EVIDENCE. Has it ever crossed anyone's mind that Ms. Cranky Gate Agent simply hates everyone equally?
I'm with UA on this. They never should have paid out Dao because the never ending drip drip drip won't stop. Soon, the people in the US are going to end up creating a culture like China where it's cheaper to kill someone in a car accident than to injure them and and that will become UAs calculation when dragging the next Dao off the plane. Not a world I want to live in, and I blame the ambulance chasers (ie Dao's of the world)