FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve Baggage Delay Insurance
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:40 pm
IanJaxx

Chase Sapphire Reserve Baggage Delay Insurance

Hi, there,

I recently had baggage delay issues in Heathrow Airport and am planning to file a claim via eclaimsline. I have some questions while filling the on-line forms.

Background info:
We (me, wife and 2 kids) bought the British Airways tickets from TPE (Taiwan) via HKG (Hong Kong) to LHR (UK). The return is the same route back to Taiwan and we are Americans working in Taiwan. The ticket full fare was paid with my Chase Sapphire Reserve card (for my own ticket) and my wife's own Chase Sapphire Reserve card (her won and kids' tickets) to a local travel agent. We arrived at LHR around 5:30 am on May 25th and the checked-in luggage was not there. They got somehow delayed and was eventually delivered to our hotel concierge on the evening of May 26th. We have total two checked-in bags: one is on my name and the other on my wife's name.

According to Chase's website, it stated " Who’s Covered:
Cardholder
Cardholder’s spouse or domestic partner
Immediate family members

Coverage Amount/Period:
Up to $100 per day for a maximum of 5 days"

I am a bit confused. $100 per day is per person or just the whole group? Do I and my wife have to file two separate claims? Or one claim under my name could cover $200 per day?

In my case, will it be counted as one day or two days?

In eclaimsline form, is "The return date" the date that I landed home airport or the date I departed for the return flight?

"Description of Item" has to be exactly with same with the itemized receipts? On our receipts, we found that quite some items have shortened names and I am not sure whether I should write out the full name based on my memory?

The currency in eclaimsline form is on "USD". Do I just use an estimate to convert GBP to USD or I have to use the exact exchange rate on my credit card?

Thanks for your suggestions.