FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyway to change a one-way booking to return with Norwegian
Old Jun 8, 2017, 6:10 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
While the OP may be used to doing something similar with US carriers, when it comes to European airlines, you can't "cash in" an inflexible ticket and expect to use the money paid to change to a completely different ticket.

If that's what the OP meant by "leaving money on the table", then the fact that they went and arranged alternate travel to get them to Europe means that that is, in fact, what they did.

Perhaps what the OP should be doing is to turn to the provider of the OTHER ticket to Europe, and get THAT money back off that table.

However, we won't know for sure until the OP states a) the itinerary of the current ticket and b) the itinerary of the desired ticket, as their two messages so far contain contradictory information.

Originally Posted by inpd
Hi,

So I booked some one-way travel with Norwegian within Europe. My plans changed so I'd like to now change the travel but this will make it a return trip instead.

I understand I have to pay a change fee but the online system won't let me change it to a return trip, I can only rebook as a single trip.

Any suggestions?
Originally Posted by inpd
Original ticket was a one way ticket from USA to Europe. But it turns out I'll be in Europe anyway so I wanted to turn it into some internal Europe travel.
A: one-way travel within Europe -> return travel within Europe
B: one-way travel USA-Europe -> "some internal Europe travel"

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 8, 2017 at 6:15 am