FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New GM Need some help please.
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:04 am
Mr. Tickets

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by icebeam
I see that you are a DM. I would hope you get a lot of upgrades. I'm a big guy 6'6 300 and if I don't get upgrades I will take my bussiness elsewhere with status match. The bigger seats are the number 1 benefit of status to me. If I don't end up with > 50% upgrades on DL as PM with reserve I'm sure I will be asking the question of what airline has the best chance and doing a status match. I would think going out of of St. Paul you would have good odds.

In short, I don't care about the lounges, the food, the drink, or the better service. if I could get the same size seat in C (even without recline) I would be so happy!

@mnbp Yes, I'm doing the typical consultant pattern. Fly Sunday night/Monday morning and fly home Friday night. I am flying out of PHX which I feel helps. I can't imagine the competition in like LAX. Thanks for the information about downgrades and how to do it. Great tips.
Others can and will chime in, but I am not sure I would expect even 50% upgrades (Platinum or Diamond) traveling Sunday night/Monday morning and Friday night. MSP is not great for upgrades. I fly a lot to RSW and get maybe 10% upgrades no matter what day of the week in season. The airlines want to SELL first class. Upgrading you is not a priority. I think Delta's goal is to eventually fill at least 70% with paid first class passengers. I think they are close now. PHX on Delta will mean a lot of connecting travel. Good luck!