FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2015-2017 GUIDE: LAX / Los Angeles Int’l. Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:55 pm
QueenOfCoach

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by BrooklynDave

From what I could suss from the other thread, it looks like we actually have 2 options there: 1). Use the TBIT-T4 "connector" TSA checkpoint, or exit TBIT entirely and walk to T4 outside and use the regular T4 security lines.
I suggest you just wait until the day of travel to decide. Get out of TBIT Immigration/Customs, then head towards T4, but inside the terminal. If the line within the connector is short, then go through TSA there. If it's long, then try your luck in T4 where they have a genuine Pre-Check.

Strictly speaking, Pre-Check only applies to the person that has it on their boarding pass. If a travel companion does not have Pre-Check on their boarding pass, they don't "inherit" it from their friend. However, many times Pre-Check is extended to companions on the same PNR, so your husband might luck out. You won't know until the day of travel.

I have Pre-Check with Global Entry. Never has my husband been given Pre-Check as my companion. Until he also got GE, he had to go through the full screening process, grumbling all the way.

Advance planning is good, but it can only go so far. You know your options, so you can make on-the-spot decisions.