FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:07 pm
LeaveYourDailyHell

Programs: *G, oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by techgirl
The last time I turned on Bravo, I didn't "get" any of the programming. I'm clearly not their target audience. But someone is obviously watching that stuff. There have been a few different reality show producers shopping around to try to produce a show about frequent flyers for several years. Some have gotten so far as to chat with them or even shoot segments/pilots. I had a few conversations with a producer at one point who wanted a subject where they could insert artificial drama (missed flights, cancelled reservations, etc.) just to amp up the interest factor. Another was interested in flyers who'd be willing to switch loyalty alliances to fly with/stay with the brand partners interested in helping produce the show.

I've long said that the only way a show with recurring characters would be remotely interesting was if it got away from points/miles and devolved into something a bit more personal. You'd have to either have another business pivot to promote or want to otherwise get famous to allow that kind of potentially damaging edit.
I don't "get" much of Bravo's programming either, but it's clear Ben doesn't fit into it. Bravo is all about loquacious, image-obsessed people whose areas of expertise take a backseat to their personality and look. Ben's a 26-going-on-40 Kohl's shopper who has the personality of a cappuccino made with airplane water.