Old Jun 6, 17, 11:51 am
Adam1222

Programs: DL SM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott/SPG Plat; Radisson Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by techgirl View Post
Agreed. Many of us met Ben for the first time when he was still in high school and traveling with his mother.

I think it's fantastic that he has been able to build a career doing something that he enjoys. I hope that as he inks deals with Bravo and others that he is surrounding himself with sound advisors who will help him manage his brand for the long term. OMAAT seems to be be branching toward "lifestyle" as opposed to staying narrowly within travel. That may be a wise pivot, long-term, and other bloggers away from points and miles have been able to broaden their reach successfully.
Interesting... i don't see anything other than travel in his life, so hard to see how that's "lifestyle." I don't really see any marketable brand. Wunderkind travels the world for a living drinking champagne is a heavily saturated market. Bravo has far more interesting characters who drink alcohol and consume expensive goods already.

Query whether even the biggest fanboys think it's accurate to call what Ben does a "career" - rather than "a way of making money for a few years in a way that is completely unsustainable as a career." Lots of kids survive in their 20s doing things they like and getting by. That's not a career.