FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four different BA business flights
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:17 pm
BarryAZ

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest
OK -- yes the open middle seat. I have seen that on other European carriers.

I guess the trick is, if one has the flexibility, to seek out those planes that are long haul planes on short haul or intermediate flights.

Curiously, in the US the carriers seem to be going the other way here -- that is AA has worked toward deploying true 'three class' seating even on relatively short haul flights.

I flew an economy plus flight from Phoenix to Oakland this Spring - while the seats were the same as economy, that extra leg room was appreciated. Further that was economy plus, the Domestic flights have a "First Class" which is really business class -- but the wider (2 + 2 versus 3 + 3) and significantly increased pitch make them quite a step up from economy class.

In any event it is 'data for use' for me.

The thing is, too often, using frequent flyer miles to Europe via AA -- the routing from Phoenix to say Dublin, Rome, Barcelona, or Madrid is pushed to BA instead of the available AA flights. I'd rather route PHX/PHL/Rome or PHX/Charlotte/Rome (on A321/A330 than the really bothersome Phx/Ord/LHR/FCO routing (using BA from Chicago to Rome via Heathrow).

But that's another matter -- and something I'll post about over in the AA pages.