FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:29 pm
Geordie405

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I had my first BOB flights last week: BA1326 LHR to NCL on 1st June and BA1461 EDI - LHR on Sunday 4th.

I didn't partake on the NCL flight but there were some purchases in front of me where contactless was used as the payment method and everything seemed pretty smooth and seamless.

On the EDI - LHR flight on Sunday we had some cabin issues as all nine rows in the front cabin on the 767 were set up for Club whereas rows 7 - 9 were assigned as Euro Traveller seating. Ground staff had to come back on board to extend the middle seats.

So we had BOB from row 7 and Club from 1 - 6. As I had a tight connection at LHR I decided to try out BOB and had a tea and a bacon butty. I paid with Avios and, again, no issues - the crew definitely seemed on the ball. I received the bacon butty after about 10 minutes. It could have been slightly warmer but it was tasty and hit the spot.

I did have a chance to speak to the CSD during the flight. We had an interesting conversation about the lack of complimentary food / drink for Gold Card Holders and I made the point of comparing BA to AA where OWEs will receive a complimentary alcoholic beverage and snack item when in economy (and everyone receives soft drinks). She made a rather telling comment which was "I have gone from working on Concorde to selling Percy Pigs"

That says it all really