FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:38 am
BA6948

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
BA6948
I think we all realise that you are against BOB by now. You mention several flights that went without food. You know this as a fact or is it anecdotal? Furthermore I assume that hundreds if not thousands more went stocked and most people were content. I think you may have to accept that it is here to stay.
Personally I can see the case for BOB although I would be in favour of complimentary tea/coffee/water. I also feel the use of cash would calm some anxieties for parents/school groups for example.
I expect other airlines have issues with BOB too. I'm sure in a few months time most will wonder what all the fuss was about. A while back some on here were forecasting that BA would lose Club Europe passengers after the seating changes. However Club Europe is still full on most flights. In ET numbers continue to grow. I think you need to accept price is now the key for most travellers, whatever section of the cabin they travel in.
yes I am against it. I am gold Exec Club stricly flying Y with BA, though on the highest fares as travel is always booked at last minute (corporate policy)w BA have pushed me to AF, because I find it outrageous to pay so much for little or no service. And I have been treated well with AF since. I have even asked AF is they were intending to go BoB as I was upset with BA's move. AF said they would not rule out anything and the BoB was not foreseable in the near future. However, they saud that whenever changes are made they would never impact Elite Plus customers and that at the moment they are trying to improve service in all in classes with a french touch to differenciate themselves from other airlines. Honest answer. I know to who I will show my money now.