FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int’l.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:32 pm
dp4m

Programs: AA EXP, 1865 Voyager, *G
I tested out the Flagship Dining at JFK today (I have a LAX/HKG 1st leg later) and it still looks exactly the same as @G-CIVC posted above (down to the menu).

Some thoughts...

1) The food is GOOD, though I only had the chicken. Bear in mind, the portions are smaller than you might be expecting (think Asian, not American).
2) The wine pairing is solid, if unspectacular. The Tattinger Brut sounded good to try but I'd eaten nothing all day and didn't want to risk it.
3) The service is sloooooow. And they seem wholly unprepared for you to not order an appetizer. I'd say it took an hour to have one main, a glass of wine, and dessert.
4) As good as the food is, the dessert needs work / is terrible. I had the chocolate trio (in the photo) and nothing about it was good except the whipped creams. The salted chocolate tart had much too much salt on it (would have been better with just the salted whipped cream it came with), the dark chocolate brioche had a smoke-flavor to it that didn't mesh at all, and the white chocolate berry "soup" was inedible. People next to me appeared to enjoy the apple tartin though, so maybe it's just that dish.